In 1928, William C. Treuhaft opened a small coatings manufacturing plant on St. Clair Avenue in
Cleveland, Ohio, called Tremco (Treuhaft Manufacturing Company). The company produced roof cements and
asphalt based coatings. Despite the depression era hardships, Tremco continued to grow and quickly
expanded into Canada.
Beginning as a privately held company, Tremco went public with its first stock offering in 1964. Still
growing and successful, Tremco was purchased by the BF Goodrich Company in 1980. Tremco then became part
of the RPM International, Inc. holding company in 1997. Currently under the RPM family of companies,
Tremco is part of a heritage and world leader in specialty coatings serving industrial and consumer
markets with well-known brand names such as DAP®, Rust-Oleum®,
Stonhard®, and Carboline®.
Moving into the 21st century, Tremco has dramatically expanded beyond its foundation of coatings and
adhesives. Tremco is now North America’s premier provider of roofing restoration and repair services
and materials as well as a leading worldwide manufacturer and marketer of construction sealants and
adhesives, caulks, glazings, gaskets, waterproofing systems, concrete admixtures and sealers, grouts and
mortars, fire-stopping systems and several innovative and custom designed services and products dedicated
to building construction, maintenance and repair. These products are manufactured and marketed within
three Tremco divisions: Roofing, Sealants, and Concrete ad-mixtures.
Many things have changed since Mr. Treuhaft founded Tremco over 75 years ago, but many things have also
remained the same. The Roofing Division’s mission has always been to provide “Roofing and Weatherproofing
Peace of Mind.” Today, we are expanding that mission with offices around the world to provide
comprehensive solutions in roofing, weatherproofing, general contracting and facility management: the
entire building envelope